This residence built in 1927 has great historical significance having been built by the Avon Township supervisor and was the family residence until his passing. The property was purchased by a religious group and was used as a church and communal living space by the congregation. After its demise by infighting and a decision of ownership by the court, the former residents attempted to have the house rezoned to office or commercial use. Neighbors were successful in having it declared a single historic site, however it stood boarded up for years and was ultimately put up for sale by the county road commission. Westphal Associates and partners purchased the property for office use and through an extensive process were successful in achieving the only use variance granted by the city to allow an office in a residential zone. An 18 month process turned the eyesore into an attractive home for our company and other related uses.